Friday 1 May 2009

The volunteer gene.......

Hmm? It's as well some people have the "volunteer gene!" Projects such as the Reading Cycle Champions Programme would struggle BIG time if it wasn't for my enthusiastic and reliable volunteers.
Today I met with a chap who has offered to help maintain my pool of bikes at Palmer Park - and very timely it is too, as they are in need of constant attention and I'm finding it increasing difficult to schedule in some time to look after them. So, thank you Stephen for giving your time to help.
I'm also looking for a regular cyclist that has an interest in nature and the environment - I'd like to run some Discovery Rides from
Waterloo Meadows in conjuction with the BMX project. So, if you would like more information or perhaps you know someone who could potentially help - do get in touch?
In the meantime have a lovely Bank Holiday and get those miles in.........!

No comments: