Friday 8 May 2009

Journalist takes up the challange....

As part of the media build up towards Bike Week this year, we approached a journalist from the Reading Chronicle to ditch her usual mode of transport to work and cycle commute instead. Sarah Stead will be writing a diary account of her experiences over the next few weeks.
We met at Palmer Park first thing this morning and I handed over a bike and a lock - an essential accessory for anyone these days! After a brief run down of the controls, I waved her off and promised that I would make sure I found time to read her articles.

My second meeting of the day, was to meet up at Waterloo Meadows with the Parks Department of Reading Borough Council. The site visit was to check out where we could potentially site a container for the BMX Club. All very positive, photos were taken and an area was measured out. The meadows are part of a conservation area and we have to be very sensitive to all matters that surrounds that. I'm very hopeful about this project and pleased we are inching towards an exciting and sustainable initiative.

No comments: