Wednesday 6 May 2009

Everybody Active

Since the Everybody Active Club was launched in April '08, the session has been run by volunteers and a Sports Coach - but today, due to various reasons, we were down by 3 staff and I had to step in to help!
It was great to see the old faces and I was surprised that they had remembered me from a little over a year ago. After a couple of hugs, shaking of hands and high 5's - the session was on its way! We had a total of 24 participants, plus their carers. In addition to the trikes and mainstream bikes, the duets, tandem trike and quad bikes all got an airing too. The hour and half zipped by and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - it's good to keep in touch and it certainly gives me a buzz to be able to see a very successful project continuing, after the initial hardwork of setting it up. A great legacy to leave behind when I eventually leave Reading.

No comments: