Thursday 14 May 2009

Another positive meeting

Another full on day - starting with leading the 2nd Cycling for Health rides. Despite the weather forecast promising us heavy rain, it was overcast and very mild. One of the participants - who had learnt to ride a mainstream bike over the last couple of weeks, but didn't feel overly confident about riding on the tow-path, decided to take a trike instead. The ride passed without any hiccups and we had lots of laughs on the way. Now, think Little Britain - whilst riding the trike, Marianne would periodically shout out "I'm a laaydee and I ride a laydee's bike" ( I guess you had to be there to appreciate the humour and oh, how I should have taken my camera!)

My evening meeting was with an organisation called Gay Berkshire. The committee meet on a bi-monthly basis and I had just missed the last one. Again, such a positive response and they had been one step a head of me and had canvassed their members via Facebook prior to meeting me and 30 people had responded warmly to starting a new group - all wanting to try some mountain biking, road rides, BMX and track riding. So, fantastic news and will arrange a MTB taster session for a weekend in July.
I love my job.......!

No comments: