Thursday 28 May 2009

Just not feeling 'it' today?

I definitely got out of bed the wrong side this morning - metaphorically speaking of course, as I would have trampled over my partner!
I rode all the way into Reading today and I just wasn't feeling 'it' at all. The meticulously researched items, I was either wearing or sitting on, just didn't feel comfortable? I couldn't find my rhythm - my legs just seemed to go up and down, rather than in perfect circles. Oh dear - this didn't bode well for the day ahead.
As I approached Burchetts Green (12 miles into the commute), I had come to the conclusion that I should have taken the soft option and driven in...... Well, that was until I saw a female buzzard just metres away, taking in some early morning sunshine and some how that made me appreciate the cycle ride and feel a little better!
Once on the A4, things improved somewhat - although when a very fit veteran cyclist whizzed passed me, looking over his shoulder, nodding at me to join him for a burn up, I resisted and said "Sorry mate not today, I've joined the slow bicycle movement, heavily endorsed by Chris Juden!" (Please see the recent issue of Cycle magazine.)
Well, that is for today, as for tomorrow I just may have the legs......!

No comments: