Friday 15 May 2009

The road out of Reading.....

I received a call at close of business on Tuesday from Head Office, asking whether I would like to work on The Original Bicycle Festival in Dumfries this weekend - apparently it would involve manning a membership stand, generally supporting the local volunteers on the ground and oh, yes riding my bike! What more could a girl want....?
So, it was an early(ish) start and I was soon on my way - van packed with all membership material, CTC merchandise and my much cherished Specialized Roubaix, its first proper airing this year and I was trying to be optimistic regarding the weather!

After a very long journey up, in what was the worse ever rain I've driven in, I arrived at the DG One Leisure Complex in readyness for the setting up the membership stand. After an initial flurry of people - all of which were delighted with their freebies! I managed to have a chat with Graeme Obree before he went off to introduce his film - The Flying Scotsman. He was very down to earth and I'm pleased to say is a current CTC member. If only I had brought my copy of his book for him to sign...! A great start to my weekend.

Link

No comments: