Saturday 9 May 2009

Dads Club

I was in Reading first thing this morning- what a delight to cycle in on relatively empty roads!
Working in partnership with Sure Start in Whitley, South Reading I organised a cycle ride around the lakes of Green Park Business Centre for the Dads Club- a group of men that get together with their children on a Saturday morning to try out different activities.
10 of us took to our bikes, with the youngest at just 2 years old! It was a very pleasant, though sedate cycle round - obviously sticking to the old adage of, going as fast as the slowest rider! Little legs were very tired after 2 laps of the 1 mile circuit - so that was a great opportunity for the Dads to head off on their own for a while and for the kids to have some refreshments.
A delightful group to work with and I'm very pleased to say that they are all eager to do more!
So I'll be organising a regular slot with them shortly.......
Off now for the 23 mile commute home - despite having the Bank Holiday, it's been a long and busy week and in the words of Captain Oates " I'm just going outside and I maybe some time......!"
Bye for now.......

2 comments:

Travels with my Mule said...

Your a credit to your community. If there were more like you the world would be a more cycle friendly place

Helen said...

Thank you Philip - it is a job I love and I get a total buzz from getting new people on bikes.