Monday 6 July 2009

It's good to be back.......!

It's amazing what a week off can do - I'm feeling full of energy and raring to get back into the swing of things and totally excited about the pending BMX Club launch. I had kept half an eye on my CTC emails and as I cycled in this morning I wondered what my Reading Borough Council account would be like - last time I took time off, my whole desk was covered in 'post it' notes ( almost as bad as the prayer scene in Bruce Almighty!!) and my inbox was full. However, today it wasn't - thank goodness and that gave me the opportunity to ease myself in gradually. I have a rather hectic schedule over the next 3 weeks - with a trip planned to Cardiff and Southport no less. I'm off to visit various projects to get some ideas for Reading - more to follow on those later though.

The highlight of my week off, was managing to get tickets to see Kraftwerk at the Manchester Velodrome. (Yes, I have to admit to some rather tense and nail biting bidding on eBay!) Kraftwerk are really keen cyclists and have an entire album on the Tour de France and their own German cycle coach. Apparently they arrange their studio time around their love of cycling.....!
The concert was totally awesome especially when Team GB turned up to ride the track as they played. A fantastic experience and well worth paying well over the odds for the tickets......!

No comments: