Friday 10 July 2009

Greetings from Sheffield!

'D' Day!
A seamless 4 hour train journey up north gave me some extra time for more preparation and I was feeling quite confident I would be able to answer their questions and I had few of my own to ask too.
Well, the interview went as well as to be expected and I had rather hoped that I would get a call to put me out of my misery this evening - alas, no!
I am going through all the different emotions and it rather looks like I will have to wait until Monday. A tense weekend ahead it would seem?
Ho- hum, business as usual in Reading until I'm told otherwise though......!

Have a great weekend and I'll be definitely taking out my frustration's on the road!

STOP PRESS: News just in at 21:00hrs - I GOT IT!! Who-hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Helen!

But what a sad loss for Reading!

When do you start in your new post, and what's going to happen about finding a replacement in the Reading position?

Presumably, you'd be interviewing the prospective candidates?

Helen said...

The new role starts as of Monday the 20th July and I will be based in Reading doing both jobs until a suitable replacement is found - job going to press in the next week. I will, most certainly be on the interview panel.
It was a tough decision as I'm SO embedded in Reading! But the aim is to be based in Reading for 2 days a week eventually and being on the road for the other 3. In the meantime it's business as usual in Reading - BMX launch etc.