Friday 17 July 2009

Back to earth with a bump!

Back in Reading today to catch up on emails and to make a few phone calls regarding the BMX launch.
I had every intention to cycle in today - but the weather was against me and as I was leaving we had such a terrific thunderstorm followed by a downpour to end all downpours, that I reached for the car keys and left the helmet, gloves on the side and most certainly the bike in the garage .....!
I haven't cycled for 2 days and I'm getting a little cranky - so may well dust off the turbo this evening if the heavy rain persists. Well that is, if I don't come down with Swineflu - I've just received an email from a colleague saying that someone we have been working with in Southport , has come down with it. I'm very twitchy about stuff like this and almost immediately start checking myself for symptoms! I know I'm a drama queen, but anything that potentially could stop me from riding.......!
Have a good weekend, keep well and fingers crossed for fine weather?

2 comments:

WestfieldWanderer said...

I know the bicycle withdrawal symptoms well - my work precludes cycling for 5 days at a time. Today I'm well grouchy.
Hope it's a nice day tomorrow.

Helen said...

Blimey 5 days! - I really hope the weather is fine too. Have fun!