Wednesday 15 July 2009

An invitation to a Premiere....!

I have just spent the last 2 days in Southport - I had been invited up by my colleague Juliet Jardine to a premiere viewing of a DVD she has produced with a group of teenage girls from Green Bank School.
The local theatre hosted the event and the girls got to walk on the red carpet and it was a great opportunity to don their glad rags!
The DVD was about breaking down the barriers to encourage girls to take up cycling. They became the very first Bike Club and received a certificate from Kevin Mayne - Director of CTC. Cycling England's board members and representatives from the Cycling Towns had been invited and the auditorium was packed!
It was a great evening and one, I'm sure the girls will remember for a long time.
The short film will be posted on youtube and I'll be sure to post up the link as and when we have permisssion from the school.

No comments: