Thursday 23 July 2009

Back in Reading!

It was good to get back to work today - though left the bike in the garage and broke THE cardinal sin of driving in! Well, I don't want to tax my body do I?
Got into the office and found my desk,computer and keyboard had all been cleaned - my colleagues weren't taking any chances!
Anyway, it was a good day. All the new BMX and adult bikes were delivered to the new container at Waterloo Meadows - in preparation for next Monday and Tuesday. Though I was really shocked to see the BMX track looking very overgrown and got onto Parks to ask if we could get someone over with a strimmer? Got the usual, "Well it's not in the schedule and we'll do what we can......!" Fortunately, I managed to use some influence in the shape of Lisa Pearce - Sport Reading Development Manager, and it was sorted in no time! Thanks Lisa!
I also caught up with some CTC colleagues who were doing some cycle training - running an article for the upcoming Cycle magazine. It was good to see them. I directed them to some Level 2 roads to train on, with a photographer in tow!
If you know of anyone who would like some cycle training - do get them to get in touch.

No comments: