Monday 9 November 2009

Pea souper......!

CTC have just appointed an organisation to evaluate the success of the Cycle Champions project - CLES. With a full day planned tomorrow in Birmingham to discuss various issues, I thought it would be prudent to read their proposal beforehand!
The document was 168 pages long and I felt the immediate need to get out on my bike.....! Well, it was almost lunch time and I needed a screen break!
A blast down to Chequers was the order of the day - 15 miles, which meant I would be back within the hour. A lovely ride - albeit very cold and very misty. Boy was I glad I'd rigged up my new Hope light - with 240 lumen's, there was no excuse not to see me...?
Most of the leaves from the trees were on the ground and there was a fine drizzle - you know the sort that attaches itself to the fine hair on your face. With that and the obligatory dew drop on the end of my nose, I was a very attractive sight! (Reminder to self: purchase winter gloves WITH a nose wipe!)
Nevertheless the ride cleared my head and now to tackle that gargantuan document.......!

No comments: