Friday 6 November 2009

Ortlieb v Carradice

As Christmas looms I've been thinking about what I would like to go on my list - juvenile I know, but one can live in hope......! I can't decide on what panniers and rear bag to have for the much awaited Moulton Tourer - the traditionalists amongst you will probably say " It's got to be the Carradice on a classic bike such as the TSR."
OK, point taken, but are they totally waterproof like the Ortlieb bags? I suppose the downside to being totally waterproof is that they may not be breathable and you'll find your clothes wet on a hot day....? However, I could pack the contents within a waterproof sac.
Oh dear as ever, a compromise and I would love to hear from those with years of touring experience and have gone through this dilemma before - thus saving me the angst....!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh? Why do panniers need to be breathable? What is it you're going to put in them which will produce water vapour which needs to be passed through to the outside surface?

I don't understand the requirement!

Helen said...

If it's really hot - not likely in this country i know, won't things get damp/sweaty if there's no sir flow....?