Tuesday 3 November 2009

New Officer and starting date


I've just heard that Mark Tancock will start in Reading on the 16th November and today I'm working on his induction to the Reading Cycle Champions project. He will be getting out and about over the next month or so to meet you all - I've told him you're a friendly lot and as he's moving from Sutton to Reading maybe we can organise a ride to show him the sights of Reading?
We've got shocking weather here in Great Missenden, which has put pay to my lunch-time ride today, but I'm considering dusting off the turbo in the garage - always a good fall back option and as I'm spending the next 2 days on public transport, I may well just do that.....?
Keep safe on those roads today and remember to light up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"organise a ride to show him the sights of Reading?"

How about Friday 20 November? Or Monday 23?

Which sights (or sites) did you have in mind? Building sites? Reading's claim to fame in Crap Cycle Lanes?

Do we need to bring our Airnimal Joeys to keep him in good company?

Helen said...

Hey - good idea. I think I may be able to slot in something on the
20th. He hasn't chosen his bike yet - maybe you should bring it along for him to have a look at.
The officer in East Hants takes delivery of hers in a couple of weeks....