Wednesday 25 November 2009

It IS winter... isn't it......?

Declaring the winter season is upon us is, a little hit and miss - the met office states that it starts in December and ends in February. But for me, it's when the trees at the end of my road are stripped bear of their leaves - well, apart from the odd tenacious leaf hanging on in there. These trees are like huge broccoli florets in the spring and summer and it's shame to see them stripped of all their leaves.
Winter also sees the roads covered in mud and flints that have been washed down from the verges - I'm so pleased with the tyres on my fixie, hundreds of miles covered and not 1 p******e! (so far?).
Riding out today, wrapped up in all my warm clothing - I passed another cyclist who was still in shorts, no gloves, but he did have a long sleeve jersey on....? I don't know whether he had been caught out - saw the sun was shining and thought he'd be OK, or that he was hanging onto the hope of summer and autumn. Brrr, he must have been cold - hopefully the next time I see him, he'll be appropriately attired, either that or his winter riding will be miserable......?

No comments: