Monday 16 November 2009

A wet weekend......


Oh dear! Winter shouldn't be like this - very wet and very windy. For me, the ideal winter weather is bright and cold. So imagine my dismay when the alarm went off at 6am this morning and on looking out, to see the rain falling - again. My riding all weekend was hampered by the rain and it certainly looked like it was going to be today and yes, I took the soft option and drove into Reading.
I spent the day with the new officer - Mark Tancock. A gentle introduction to CTC, Reading Borough Council and to my projects. He'll be up to speed in no time at all, that I'm sure.
Tomorrow I'll be leaving him to his own devices as I have a meeting in Leicester -his task, if he chooses to accept it, is getting to know CTC's and Sport Reading's websites. But I leave him in the capable hands of the Sport Reading team - thanks guys!

No comments: