Friday 20 November 2009

Like a bullet....!


Today has been one of those days - woke up early to find the rain hammering down, so decided to cycle into Reading when it had eased off (around 10:30) Only to get into the office and to find the 3pm meeting had been cancelled and that there were serious IT issues. So without the ability to email, I reverted to the old fashion method of calling people - well it makes a change.....!
The sun appeared mid- afternoon and this was my sign to exit stage left and cycle home.
The journey home was very pleasant and was without incidents until I got to Marlow.....
Riding through the busy high street, my front tyre ran over a small stone - I had put 120 psi of pressure in them the night before. The stone pinged off like a bullet and hit the door of a brand new Mercedes......!
The noise was awful and startled a few pedestrians. I then had this dilemma - do I stop and wait around for the owner or do I cycle on? This mental debate went on for a while and I took the decision to ride on - it's happened to me when I've been driving and there's little you can do. Though admittedly the offending car is usually going faster and in the opposite direction. Did I do the right thing?
Hmmm? What would you have done......?

1 comment:

David said...

I'm trying to manage e-mails - not very actively - by phoning rather than e-mailing. I think it's more effective - issues are resolved in one call. But of course the call often takes longer than the e-mail!

As for the Merc: I shouldn't worry - I'm sure they've done more damage to bikes than the other way round.