Wednesday 18 November 2009

My sanity was questioned....!


The first dry(ish) day for a while and nothing was going to stop me from riding into Reading today - the BBC weather forecast said 27 mph winds, with the possibility of the odd shower.
Hmm, my usual 10 mile commute from Maidenhead usually takes around 35 to 40 minutes, but with a mega headwind and dodging the odd fallen tree, I was standing in the changing rooms at Palmer Park Stadium some 50 minutes later......! (But with the anticipation of a wind assisted ride back to the car later that afternoon.)
I introduced the new officer to the Everybody Active session and it was good to see, that like me, the participants weren't put off by the weather.
We also took the opportunity to pop into Cyclezone to check out a work bike and some commuter gear - a welcome break from the very much desk based induction.....!
Mark takes delivery of his bike tomorrow and will be out and about in Reading very soon!

No comments: