Thursday 5 November 2009

Meeting in London


I seem to be spending a large amount of time on public transport this week, thus neglecting my riding. So with a meeting scheduled in London, I decided to grab the opportunity and take the bike - a few miles to the station and at the other end. For me, cycling in London is a real buzz - you've got to have your wits about you. I love keeping up with or indeed overtaking the cars and jumping away from the lights is like interval training!
It was great to see so many cyclists' out and about, the traffic seemed more aware of them and on the whole behaved very well.
On the return trip, I decided to dive out the train at Rickmansworth and get some miles in - around 15 to be precise. A fearful headwind made progress slow but it made for good thinking time and got back about hour after the train.....!

No comments: