Monday 5 October 2009

Lighting up time


Woke up at my usual time to find it was pitch black outside, which meant I was scrabbling around for my lights - I love riding in the dark, especially off-road! Autumn has definitely arrived and I need to sort out my cycling wardrobe when I get a moment.
Well, the highlight of my day was certainly the ride in and home- though didn't see any of the usual cycle commuters that usually pass with a wave or a nod. I passed several "serious" cyclists all adorned in their club strip - hey guys the time trialling season is over, take it easy and look up once in a while, you may well enjoy the scenery!
Back in the office after a 3 week absence meant 300 or so emails - which took all of the day and into the evening to sort, reply and trash. Still it was really good to get back to my routine and catch up with the team.
I have a busy few days - tomorrow is the recruitment day for my old role. I'm looking forward to that immensely and to finally handing over the reins in the next 2 months will be good for me and good for Reading!
I'll let you know how things go........

No comments: