Wednesday 21 October 2009

Accessible Cycling

Today brings the re-launch of the Accessible Cycling session in Reading - it had to be pulled from my cycling schedule due to maintenance on the athletics track. So for 2 months or so a dozen participants have missed out on their weekly cycling session. It will be great to see them all again and no doubt I will catch up on how they have been filling their time - I'm sure I'll also be amazed to see how much they've grown!
The participants for this session are mainly children living with a disability. Usually their carer brings them along - offering some respite for the parents. Unfortunately the gap in the session also means that I have lost a valuable volunteer as they are now busy doing other stuff....! Though as one door closes, another opens - I had a call yesterday from a keen cyclist, who is currently unemployed and is looking to fill their time. We meet later to see if she would like to take on this session.
So in the meantime, I will be back delivering this session - well, that is until the new officer starts......!

No comments: