Wednesday 7 October 2009

A bloomin' good read.....

Oh dear! Not much to report in Reading as I'm still beavering away at my emails............

But thought I would share with you one of the books I read whilst on holiday- Mark Beaumont's, The man who cycled the world. I couldn't put it down and it made me want to do more cycle touring- though not in such an ambitious way! But hey, wouldn't it be great to have the opportunity?

On 15 February 2008, Mark Beaumont pedalled through the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. 194 days and 17 hours previously, he had set off from Paris in an attempt to circumnavigate the world in record time. Mark smashed the Guinness World Record by an astonishing 81 days. He had travelled more than 18,000 miles on his own through some of the harshest conditions one man and his bicycle can endure, camping wild at night and suffering from constant ailments. His mother was back in Scotland- base camp, working out the logistics etc.
I was interested in his choice of kit and noticed he has gone for the same brand of bike in his recent adventure - Cycling the Americas. To follow his progress, please see here.

No comments: