Monday 12 October 2009

I've only gone and done it.......

I can't believe after all the years I've been around bikes - too many to mention! That the Moulton brand has simply passed me by......?
Well, after a second visit to the Moulton/Pashley stand at the show this weekend and some serious negotiating on the price- I have on order, a dark blue TSR 30. It will be 3 months in the waiting, but hey, who cares?
I'm totally excited about the purchase and can't get the darn thing out of my mind. More importantly though, will be our first tour - equally exciting and can't wait to get the maps out and start planning. If you would like to see the spec on my new acquisition see here.

6 comments:

WestfieldWanderer said...

Green with envy, Helen.
It was with wry amusement that I noticed how they display the price on the specification page in the link you gave. Basically they are saying "if you need to ask the price then you can't afford it".
I can't afford it.
Well done on your purchase. I'm sure you're going to have a blast with it. And keep it safe!

WestfieldWanderer said...

Actually, I'll take that back...

Just looked at the AVC website
http://www.foldingbikes.co.uk/moulton_tsr_30.htm

Under 1600 quid if you get the separable frame.

Not bad.

Not bad at all...

Helen said...

Yes, with serious negotiating - I got it for £1200 with Brooks saddle and racks. Can't wait to ride it!

Anonymous said...

What's all this talk about £1600 and £1200? On the website I saw, the price was clearly shown as two red tiddlywinks!

I wish I'd realised before now: next year I'm going to take some tiddlywinks to the show (various colours, too) — I'll even offer them three!

Anonymous said...

Anyway, how did you manage to knock them down from two red tiddlywinks to one-and-a-half? (Is that a red and a yellow tiddlywink?) What was the key point in your negotiations that earned you that 25% discount?

Do you think it would work on James or Gavin at AW Cycles, or will I just have to wait for the next "Club Night" and settle for the 20% available then? (Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspicion when I tell them, "Let me show you the colour of my tiddlywinks!" they won't be at all impressed...)

Helen said...

Anon - I just had to point to the CTC logo on my shirt and say
"CTC Staff+charity = modest salary!"
And it worked!