Monday 15 June 2009

Radio star....!

No peace for the wicked - I had to be in Reading early this morning for a live interview on BBC Berkshire. (Get me...! TV on Saturday and today the radio!)
My brief was to talk about Bike Week and the activities planned, we also touched on the OY Bike hire scheme that is in place in Reading. It went very well - I was pretty nervous and had to make the obligatory emergency loo visit beforehand! But I needn't have worried and it's good to get some air time for CTC and my project.

With half an eye on the weather - the forecast promised heavy rain and a thunderstorm around 5pm. I prepared for the Healthy Workplace Challenge Cycle Relay event. We had 4 businesses signed up and they all had fun using the all ability bikes at Palmer Park. The winning team went home with a £10 cycle accessory voucher each and everyone was given a water bottle for participating.

Saw lots of people on bikes in Reading and have had lots of enquiries for the week ahead - so a positive response and long may it continue.....?

No comments: