Saturday 13 June 2009

Bike Week '09 is here.....!

....... to all take to your bikes this week and join in the fantastic range of events, that myself and various working partners have put on.
Please see here for more details.

Today Bike Week was launched in style - around 50 cyclists' gathered at Palmer Park for the 'Freewheel' over to Prospect Park and it was great to see so many new faces. Though I'm looking forward to next year having a greater number of cyclists and later in the morning, to maximise the effect on the road....!

The sun shone for Reading Family Cycle Festival and around 300 participants took part in the 'try cycling' session. It had a great atmosphere and it was wonderful to have such positive feedback from everyone passing by my stand. My next task is to get these new cyclists signposted to my various sessions - I'm sure after today, their love for the bike has grown?

I really hope that like me, you all enjoyed yourselves?

So, have a fab weekend - I'm about to open a very nice bottle of wine and put my feet up for a while....!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Reading-based readers of this blog, here's a couple of other Bike Week events which somehow escaped inclusion in Helen's page:

Early Evening Leisure Ride starting at 6:00 pm from the shops at Emmer Green — a short ride, suitable for anyone, on quiet roads and passing through some of the villages north of Reading. Route Details.

Solstice Bivvy Ride starting at "The Fount" in Reading at 7:30 pm on Saturday 20 June, and involving camping out overnight at the top of Streatley Hill — a ride for more experienced cyclists looking for adventure. Route Details.

Anonymous said...

Hey, who got herself on telly, then!

David said...

Enjoy your glass of wine - it sounds as if you enjoyed the day. You were certainly lucky with the weather after such a changeable week

alison said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazportico/3625812236/ - my younger 3 children enjoying the recumbent trikes yesterday :)