Wednesday 29 April 2009

While the cat's away.......

I really enjoy Wednesdays - I have a late session in Reading and it frees up some time to spend at home.
Today, I took the advantage of being home alone for 2 days, (my partner is working away) to bring my work stand into the kitchen and carry out some necessary work on one of my bikes! Well, it's not as bad as riding my turbo trainer in the sitting room in front of the TV and sweating profusely on the antique rug! Thankfully those days are behind me, having given up time trialling a couple of years ago!
I replaced a tyre that had perished, a bar tape that was looking worse for wear and flicked through the gears. The "said" items were purchased at the CTC shop at a discounted rate. We have just changed suppliers, see here for more details.

Later on in the afternoon the Accessible Cycle Club was well attended. We're almost at max capacity and I may well have to put on another session in the week. Good news that the club is now affiliated to the CTC and it now enjoys the benefits that is associated with membership.

No comments: