Thursday 16 April 2009

An away day...

Today saw me in Birmingham with other CTC colleagues - we were booked in for some appraisal training. It is good to see CTC fully committed to the future development of their staff and it was great to hook up with those who work at Head Office again.
The day was very interesting and as the rain fell in Birmingham, I was wondering how well attended my cycle sessions would be back in Reading - I'd left 2 of my Sport Reading colleagues in charge and I received a text to say that all had gone well!
We were surprised not to see any cyclists on the roads in Birmingham - though the tricky one way system may have something to do with it, well that and the 20 mph speed limit that wasn't be adhered too....!
The journey from High Wycombe was seamless and only took 80 minutes or so - Chiltern Railways have a good provision for cyclists on their trains and recently Thame & Haddenham Station won an award for cycle parking.
Overall, a good day had by all.........

4 comments:

mike said...

What state is this in?

LS said...

Where in Birmingham were you? I was cycling in the City Centre in the rain, you must have missed me!

Anonymous said...

What state is in in, Mike?

Well, it's not the Birmingham in Alabama!

Try this Birmingham.

Helen said...

LS - our training was in Digbeth Street, not too far from Selfridges.
Sorry we missed you, next time maybe?