Wednesday 8 April 2009

Some visitors arrive...

Well, the much promised rain never arrived and I decided to cycle part way in, leaving my car in Maidenhead. It was too nice a morning not to swing my leg over the bike and pedal the 10 miles or so to Palmer Park. On arriving, the park was busier than usual - some travellers had decided to park up for the Easter break (who can blame them, it looks great this time of year!) Unfortunately, though this usually means the police get involved in moving them on and there's much hysteria around locking things up! I must say, I get pretty angry when I hear such things. Oh well, such is life and such is stereotyping! Hmm? Maybe I could offer them a cycling session?
The Accessible Cycle Club met as usual and the kids and their parents had a hoot! One of the parents very kindly bought some cake for us all to share - it really is beginning to have that "Club" feel to it now.

No comments: