Friday 17 April 2009

CTC Head Office for the day

More training in store today and I was also requested to attend the monthly staff and team meeting at CTC's Head Office in Guildford.
Having spent a couple of years working there - it's always great to go back and see old colleagues....! The staff meeting is a general catch up of all departments and usually has an element of training attached to it. Today was " membership" and the various types available. It was a good session and a good heads up for us all, as the face of CTC is changing and it's paramount we all move with it!
The Development Officers working in the South then had a meeting to discuss the cycle festivals we are planning for Bike Week and the marketing material associated with that. Good to bounce ideas and a well worth session.
The journey home on the dreaded M25 was awful and made me realise how lucky I am not to be doing that on a regular basis! Oh, and how I love my cycle commute!

The weather forecast for the weekend promises to be good - I'm going to swing my leg over my mountain bike and hit the trails around the Chilterns - Happy cycling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I swung my leg over my Pedersen Model T and, along with a group of others on the Reading CTC ride, hit the country lanes out to Benson.

Helen said...

Hey- now that's a machine and a half! How about you bring it along to the Cycle Festival on the 13th June at Prospect Park - I'm sure people would love to see it?
Actually it would be good if we could get a collection of bikes like yours to display - do you have any contacts?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I've made arrangements with "3-wheeled David" to come by tricycle for the Festival on 13 June.

I don't know anyone else who has a Pedersen (mine is a so-called "Copenhagen Pedersen", which was, in fact, shipped from Germany [where it's assembled from a frame made in the Czech Republic!] and based on the original Dursley Pedersen design).

I know of someone who has a Kona Ute load-carrying bike (in the latest edition of Cycling magazine they were called "long-tail" bikes); I've told him of the festival, and I believe he's going to bring it.

Helen said...

Fantastic - the more the merrier!
Are you going to join the freewheel from Palmer Park to Prospect Park? Would be good to see you all there?

Anonymous said...

"3-wheeled David" and I are planning to participate in the Free Wheel; I'm not sure of "Kona Ute Man's" plans.