Tuesday 8 December 2009

THIS is why I cycle.....


It would've been very easy to have stayed in my warm car and drive into Reading this morning - my favourite DJ was on the radio playing some cracking tunes. But instead, I parked in my usual spot in Maidenhead and began the cycle commute.
The air was cold and therefore more dense, so my mph was down a bit, but hey, who cares? I was turning the pedals and loving every minute of it.
I haven't cycled down the A4 for a couple of weeks and the view from the saddle had definitely changed. Fairy lights were twinkling from various trees, some guy was selling "holly reeves" (I kid you not!) in one of the laybys and even the traffic seemed to be more courteous....!
As light broke there was a lovely red and blue hue to the sky and the red kites were up early flying in the thermals.
Of course, if I had driven in, I would've missed all of that - a true piece of urban beauty.

No comments: