Tuesday 29 December 2009

I have survived on a diet of.....


.... turbo sessions. With the 8 or so inches of snow, that went to 4 inches of icy slush - my bike(s) have stayed snuggled up in the garage and I have had to resort to a diet of turbo sessions.
Boy does it take me back to my time trialling days and the strict training regime I once followed.
Still, it's a means to an end and keeps the old legs turning in readiness for the spring. Also burning vital calories in the hope of keeping the odd mince pie and chocolate firmly off my hips....!

Although no brand new bike for Christmas - I did however, have some lovely lightweight camping gear under the tree and a very generous voucher from CTC to put towards my tent.
I have also decided on one of my tours for 2010 - Home to Lymington, hopping on the ferry to the Isle of Wight and then circumnavigating the island. I'm hoping to do this as an extended weekend - anyone care to join me.....?

No comments: