Tuesday 15 December 2009

Can you forget how to ride a bike....


......I certainly can, especially when it comes to riding off-road....!
I have just got back from a lunchtime ride where I decided to go for a blast around the Hampden Estate. This route is very familiar, but due to one tricky(ish) descent and lots of mud, I was reduced to riding like a beginner.....! Dabbing my foot down way too many times - which resulted in mud up to my ankles, I was beginning to realise how rusty I was and probably needed to get some further instruction?
I haven't been out on my Spesh hardtail since the C2C and Reivers route in August and I was paying for it - BIG time!
Still, I had a great fun despite the conditions and my lack of ability. I'm back home tucking into a bowl of piping hot porridge and a mug of tea - sheer bliss....!

No comments: