Monday 7 December 2009

Bike snobbery.....?


I took a call from a family member asking for advice on bikes for their 2 children for Christmas - they had apparently had seen a really good deal at Halfords.....!
It is at this point, my partner calls me.....
"A bike snob!"
I told my brother to save his money and buy a couple decent bikes rather than a toy that will break in 6 months (if you're lucky!) and will weigh around 30lbs. He'll then wonder why they hate riding the darn things up any incline....!
Lots of children will get bike shaped objects on Christmas morning - my plea to those parents is, to spend a little extra and get a bike that is fit for purpose.
That way they will, I'm sure, fall in love with the bike and it will be the beginning of a wonderful relationship.
My choice every time would be something from Islabikes Go on parents, check out the website- you know it makes sense....?

No comments: