Wednesday 30 December 2009

Didn't make it passed first base.......!


I was all set to go into Reading today to catch up with Mark, the new officer. Alas, the bike was sidelined for the warmth of the car - heavy sleet/rain was falling. Though I quickly realised that I was going no-where fast...! I had a flat on the front tyre. So rolled up my sleeves in readiness to change to the spare - but my efforts were thwarted as I couldn't undo the darn wheelnuts.
I called the RAC and was told to expect a 3 hour wait...! Well, I was at home in the warm and not on some awful hard shoulder.
The whole episode got me thinking of how easy it is to run a bike - no big bolts to grapple with. A quick 10 minutes at the side of the road and then you are off.
For those who aren't proficient at changing an inner tube - the CTC has a fantastic product and you may just be interested. See here for the details of the cyclists' version of the RAC.
Be prepared to be impressed......!

No comments: