Wednesday 9 September 2009

Graffiti or art......?

I have spent the day at the BBC in Whitecity - stakeholders meeting for a potential campaign on the back of an adventure/challenge programme. More of that later though, when things have been firmed up a bit.
My train journey home was exceptionally interesting as it was 'kicking out of school' time and hoards of teenagers got on.
I had 2 lads sitting opposite me chatting about tagging - it was almost like a foreign language! But I was captivated and intrigued to hear about what fonts, paints they use and how they managed to 'graff up' a white van in London and Kensal Rise tube station......!
It was like being transported into a different world! My world being miles away from theirs. Well, that was until they clocked the CTC logo on my shirt and I was asked " Hey, what do you do for a job?" I answered by telling them I get people on bikes. Within a nano second we had connected - they admitted to watching and loving the Giro and Le Tour. Riding regularly at Aston Hill - though finding the 4x course a challenge and I think were pretty impressed that I had ridden it or more than one occasion!
That's what I love about cycling - it connects people of all ages and backgrounds. Though didn't chance my arm in trying to recruit them as members.
Next time maybe?

No comments: