Tuesday 4 August 2009

Weather depression hits the South East!

Oh dear, how depressing! I woke up to a blanket of dark grey clouds covering the skies, which were producing the "I will soak you very thoroughly in a nano second" type of rain.
So took the easy option and put the bike in the back of the car and decided to ride my short commute - though rain falling pretty heavily when I got to my usual parking area in Maidenhead. I don't mind cycling in the rain, but the showering facilites at Palmer Park are pretty poor - cold water at best and no water at worse! How I wish for piping hot showers, warmed towels and proper lockers that is on offer for cyclists that work at GlaxoSmithKline! Maybe I should make that one of objectives before I move on....?
So with back to back meetings pending, I drove all the way in and the bike remained snuggled up in the car, with a view of it get an airing when I get home........? But in the meantime I'll continue to look to the skies for the big warm ball, we all got to know so well in June!

No comments: