Friday 14 August 2009

A first for me in Leicester.....

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought Leicester was as big as London - so you can imagine my surprise when alighting the train and finding it the size of a market town - albeit on steroids!
My reason to visit was to see Elizabeth Barner - Leicester's Cycle Champion, I needed to get up to speed on what's been going on and potentially help scope out future projects.
The meeting went well, which is more than can be said for the train journey home - well, I suppose it is Friday. I did feel sorry for the family of cyclists' at Bicester who were told by the passengers and a rail official " Don't even think about coming aboard with those bikes- you'll have to wait an hour for the next train.....!" Hope they eventually got to their destination.....?
The weekend is now upon us and getting some miles in will be my main objective, that and nursing my little cat.
Have a great weekend all......?

No comments: