Monday 17 August 2009

Colchester- The Cycling Town

I broke the cardinal sin today and drove to Colchester to see Richard Monk-it was a toss up between a 6 hr round trip by train or 2 hrs 40 in the car. A no brainer really as I still have to clear my Reading emails and other work associated with the project. Next meeting we'll be in London somewhere and we're going to take the bikes for a ride afterwards - I've been meaning to check out LCC 's cycling routes! Call it a perk of the job.....!
It was a good meeting and an opportunity to meet the host partner - Colchester Borough Council. Richard, like me, sits within the Sport Development Team, who were busy working on a visit by some Indian athletes in readiness for 2012! With lots of interesting projects up and running and more planned for the future, I'm very excited about being part of it.
Though can't believe I missed out on seeing the criterium races a month ago - which saw the entire town centre closed and some exciting racing to boot! Oh well,next year maybe.....?
Tomorrow finds me in Swindon - should be interesting............?

No comments: