Thursday 13 August 2009

A quiet day


This morning provided a super ride in from Maidenhead - the weather was just perfect! 10 miles is, I think, the perfect cycle commute. Far enough to know you've done some exercise and not far enough to warrant a complete shower on arrival - though obviously I do freshen up!!
It was good to catch up with my Sport Reading colleagues, tie up a few loose ends on some marketing material and to affiliate 2 new clubs to the CTC - Waterloo BMX Club and the Let's Get Biking Club (a lesbian and gay organisation.)
It seems that the BMX track at Waterloo Meadows has seen lots of new participants since the re-launch and also we have lots of interest for other riding - looks like it could be the 2nd Cycling Hub in Reading. I'm SO pleased and a good facility for my replacement to make use of too.

No comments: