Monday 4 January 2010

Bruised and battered....


..... from my fall on New Years Day - elbow and right hip very swollen, I decided to err on the side of caution and not cycle into Reading. In fact, even if I wanted too, I couldn't, as the lock on garage door was completely frozen....! The temperature was -7deg and I really don't want to jeopardise my early Spring tour.....!
So, for a change I decided to go for a run - 25 mins off-road and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great to see the countryside from a different perspective. The Arboretum in Little Kingshill looked magical in the frost and I met lots of dog walkers - who greeted me with a friendly nod.
After 2 miles or so, my legs were beginning to complain - though aerobically I could have gone on....? I felt great - the endorphins were definitely flowing.
Donning my compression tights like some super hero on my return, with the hope I wouldn't get the dreaded DOMS, I have decided to make this a regular activity and part of my winter training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Mike Woolley

Back in December I got knocked off my bike 'hit & run'. A motorists wing mirror clippled me and I found myself hitting the tarmac. My trousers got shredded but fortunately I got off light with bruising on my leg. My front wheel needed truing but £26-00 later I was back on the road.